Naatak is a theater company in the San Francisco area dedicated to producing intelligent and entertaining plays. Started in 1995 by students at the University of California, Berkeley, and Stanford University, Naatak is the most prominent and largest Indian theater company in the United States, having performed continuously for 23 years. Our plays have been watched by nearly a hundred thousand people. Our members – more than a thousand over two decades – are drawn primarily from the tech industry in Silicon Valley; so is our audience. Naatak has been declared Best Live Theatre in Silicon Valley by the San Jose Mercury News for four years in a row – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Naatak is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit organization.
Please park in the designated areas shown in the map. Do not park in the adjoining Mission City Post parking lot.
|Sujit Saraf||Artistic Director|
|Harish Sunderam Agastya||Operations Director|
|Rajiv Nema||Marketing Director|
|Asheesh Divetia||Sets Director|
|Snigdha Jain||Visual Designer|
|Soumya Agastya||Costumes Director|
|Srikar Srinath||Lights Director|
|Rajeesh Tripathi, Alka Sippy, Geetika Shree||Sets Managers|
|Saurabh Jain, Devika Ashok, Anitha Dixit, Harshavardhana||Props Managers|
|Vikas Dhurka, Sudipta Chatterjee, Anush Moorthy, Ritwik Verma||Marketing Managers|
|Roshini Sadhwani||Make-up Manager|
|Tuhina Goel, Avnika Agarwal||Costumes Managers|
|Ritendra Datta||Lights Manager|
|Yatin Trivedi||Ticketing Manager|
|Vineeta Singh, Sameer Pandya||Supertitles Leads|
We have set ourselves a few guidelines to ensure that Naatak functions in accordance with the general principles on which it was founded. The spirit behind these guidelines is to provide the pleasure of good theater to our audience – unsullied by appeals, announcements, speeches or banners – and the satisfaction of creative activity to Naatak members.
1. Naatak was founded to bring intelligent and entertaining theater to residents of the San Francisco bay area. Our shows are not fund-raising events and will not be advertised as such.
2. Our plays will be managed frugally.
3. As far as feasible, all work related to our plays will be performed by Naatak members.
4. In most cases, a person who wishes to direct or produce a Naatak play must have been significantly involved in at least two recent productions, must take responsibility for financial and organizational aspects of the play, and must commit to abide by the principles on which Naatak was founded.
5. Ticket prices for Naatak plays shall remain low. Discounts will be given if financial need can be proven.
6. During Naatak shows, the inside of the theater must not contain advertisements for any organization, program brochures must not contain advertisements for non-Naatak events or products, and there must be no non-Naatak announcements before, during or after the play. All organizations must seek approval to advertise outside the theater, including the lobby and parking lot, and approved organizations must agree not to solicit our audience inside or outside the theater with flyers.
If you enjoy creative theater, you are welcome to join Naatak. You could participate as an actor, script-writer, director, producer, set-designer, make-up artist, light or sound person, or you could help in sales, marketing and publicity. Previous theater experience is desirable but not a requirement. For more information on how to join Naatak, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naatak does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status.
If you would like information on upcoming Naatak productions and auditions, join our mailing list by subscribing here.