4 Females (18 – 60), 6 Males (20 – 60)
The play includes live music. If you are trained in music (vocal or instrumental), please mention that.
1. You will receive a Zoom link a day before the audition. Please log in on time.
2. Come prepared with a 90-second monologue in Hindi from a play or film you like, or something you’ve written yourself.
3. Try to demonstrate clear diction and movement. While the audition is on zoom, remember that the play will be performed on a stage in an amphitheater.
4. This is a Zoom audition, so your Zoom readiness will be a factor in our decision. Join the meeting on time and do not be fumbling with audio or video when called to perform. Ensure you are well-lit and have a good microphone. If possible, have a blank wall behind you. Avoid virtual backgrounds. Ensure the camera looks horizontally at you. If you are poorly lit, not in focus or cannot be heard, you will reduce your chances of getting a role.
5. After the first round of auditions (monologues), participants will be asked to log off. Shortlisted actors will be called back right away, to read and perform sides from the play.
Intense rehearsals on Zoom, mostly in the evenings, until mid-May.
Thereafter, regular in-person rehearsals at Naatak House in Santa Clara, in strict accordance with county COVID guidelines applicable at the time.